Wednesday, December 5, 2012

When It Rains It Pours...Again

When it rains it pours.  Here I am trying to get the DDD involved so I can get services for the children (such as respite and therapy).  Instead the DDD guy gets Child Protective Services (CPS) involved.  We had the police here last night.  The police man said he COMPLETELY understood why I had a chain lock on the door at night.  Today, near 1pm, a CPS worker stopped by the house.  Bailey did as I asked.  She did not let her in.  The woman said she wanted to come in.  Bailey said no and said the police where here last night and found no issues so WHY was she out here.  The lady said SHE had to ask questions of the family and talk to the children.  Bailey said she was not comfortable with giving out information on the children without me present.  In the end the lady gave Bailey her card and said to have me call her.

I have now called an attorney.  This is the first time I have dealt with CPS and I know enough from others that I have to be cautious.  Affording an attorney this time of year will be hard but worth it!

5 comments:

  1. I am so sorry you are all having to go through this. I don't understand why they sent a caseworker if the police found no fault and nothing to report. Bailey did the right thing refusing to let her in without you there. Praying this ends quickly and with a good result.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Brandi! A lot of people are completely baffled as to why this is happening and why CPS is hounding me. I have no intention of letting the woman in my house. I did set up an appointment with her on December 14th to meet so I can hear what is going on.

      Delete
  2. I can't imagine how stressful that must be! I hope you can focus more on the upcoming fun of the kids' birthday, instead of your CPS appointment :) Let me know if you don't already have someone else coming over Friday as your "witness", OK?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I would LOVE it if you could be here as a witness. Please let me know if you can do that for me!

      Delete
  3. Friday 4:30, right? I can do that :)

    ReplyDelete