Wednesday, December 12, 2012

Need A Nanny

Photo Credit: charlotteparent.com
I was not able to find my Mary Poppins (read this if you want a more descriptive post of the position ) last time but I have not given up hope...

I am looking for a nanny for my disabled triplets.  They just turned five years old.  Please read the About Us tab to understand the children and their disabilities.  The caregiver must be at least 24.  From experience, so far,  people who are younger are not able to handle the stress of dealing with the children nor have the patience required.

The children have a schedule and you must follow the schedule. No changes to the schedule are to be made with prior authorization from me.  You need to know how to plan homeschool activities. You must be able to clean and prepare meals as needed along with cleaning the messes made by the children at the end of your day.

I am looking for someone who can drive.  You need to have the ability to take the children to private therapy and doctor appointments.

I need someone with a fingerprint clearance card so I know you have undergone a background check.

The hours I am looking for someone from  9am to 3pm from Monday to Friday.  These hours may increase due to work and other conditions.  So I need someone with some flexibility in their work schedule.

I am located in the Gilbert area near Gilbert High School.  The pay I am looking at is about $200 per week.  Do not apply if you are not comfortable with the pay.  I am a worker for the state of Arizona so I do not make much income and I do not get much in child support so $200 is about the limit of what I can pay.

My children are great kids.  They are loving and fun.  They need someone with high energy and can keep them engaged and busy throughout the day.  You will have to repeat things over and over again to them and be able to deal with a lot of noise  (you cannot tell them to sit still and be quiet all day...it will NOT happen!).    If you think you can do these things please email me your resume at murigheal72@yahoo.com

Thanks!







12 comments:

  1. I think you need to apply for help through the state. I doubt seriously that you will be able to find a good person to take care of your babies for what you can afford. I worked for a nonprofit in IL and I know many of the clients I served had help financing their in home care via the state. Best of luck to you and your family.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have no idea how to access services like that. I would image it would be through the DDD. The DDD were the same people who called CPS and told them I lock my children in their room all day. Such a load of crap! (you would have to read older posts about this) If the DDD is the one to coordinate such a thing I am done with them.

      Delete
  2. Do you realize that someone can make more money for less work at Taco Bell? Your pay rate is less than minimum wage. You pay for what you get!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Pay rate might be less but working conditions are EXCEEDINGLY better!

      Delete
    2. I don't know. No offense, but I think I would rather make tacos than do everything you outline for the same pay. I'm sure your kids are awesome, but you will get what you pay for.

      Delete
  3. It's a bummer the age requirement is out of the question for myself..I'm right down the street! The experience I have within my own family is similar. Although I am young, due to coming from a huge family, with many walks of life, and different disabilities, I grew up fast. Now, almost 20 years old, a wife, and Step Mother...Children are "My Thing." I just left my job with the Child Crisis Center, It was the hardest decision I've ever made, because I loved all those kids dearly, but I had to find a bigger challenge. The Pay that you are willing to give, yeah, it's not great, but it works for some people. When you have a job you LOVE, you can get past the pay rate! It is hard to get proper help from the state, and a dependable, fun, loving, understanding Nanny. They are out there though..Best of Luck to you & Your babies!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi ChelsVF,

      I would be willing to consider the right person. One plus would be that you are so close. I put the age requirement because, as I stated (as a general rule), I find that younger people are not cut out for the job. I have run through 4 people age 18 to 20. Please feel free to send me your resume. :)

      Thanks,
      Michelle

      Delete
  4. ChelsVF-- I'm not speaking for Michelle, but I bet she would still consider you if you are interested! She is open to options, just whatever will be in the best interests of the children!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are right! The overriding interest for me is the best interest of my children. I truly do not care about the age of the individual but their ability to cope with the children.

      Delete
  5. Hello, i just got done reading your blog and first i want to say bless you and them wonderful boys of yours its not about the money its bout doing what you love and helping out a mother in need i would love the opportunity to work with your children i have 3 years plus experience with working with children i have worked for childtime and phoenix prep preschool not only helping raise kids that don't belong to me i love children but if one mistake in my life did't happen i still would be working with children well i still do for family and friends plus some of the children from phoenix prep preschool the parents loved me and was upset because i could no longer work there because my fingerprint card was denied because of failure to return rental property but that does not stop me from doing what i love to do im in the process of removing that from my recorde because i do want open my childcare center for children with special needs and low income families i am in school right now for business management but on another note i do pray that you find the right person who is there for the job and the passion of taking care of three lovely boys good luck to you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I am hopeful I will be able to find someone soon.

      Delete
  6. I really like your blog and have one with similar information. If you have time check it out.
    Nanny job

    ReplyDelete