Sunday, January 31, 2016

January Passed By Quickly!

Chemical Formula for Clarithromycin
Photo Credit: Wikipedia.org
I had my Anniversary on Jan 1st.  John and I celebrated 16 years of marriage.  It has been rough over the last several years.  It is nice that we seem to be more on the same page now than we have been in years.  After the week of my anniversay I got sick with a cold John brought home.  Thankfully the children did not get more than a cold but I got EXTREMELY sick.  In the end I had pneumonia. I was given the antibiotic Clarithromycin but on day 3 I think I developed an allergic reaction. My eyes became itchy suddenly. After about an hour my eyes were itching so bad I went to to look in a mirror. My eyes had turned red, the surface of my eyes appeared ulcerated and swollen.  It took 36 hours for my eyes to become "normal" enough for me to drive. I went to see my doctor and she thought it was an allergic reaction also.  I had to switch antibiotics. In the meantime my eyes still do not feel right and I need to get into a doctor. The itching of my eyes is horrible!  So for the other three weeks in January I was fighting to feel better. Not the way I wanted to spend January but hopefully we will not have any other illnesses this winter!

No comments:

Post a Comment