Sunday, February 10, 2013

Now the Third One is Sick Too!

Joseph in the Urgent Care getting
his breathing treatment

It has been a long weekend!  Thursday is when Margaret was sick and barfing all day.  She would vomit and then pass out.  So she was taken to the urgent care where they gave her some medicine.  By Friday James was coughing too and barfing.  So Friday night I took James and Margaret to the urgent care.  Even on medicine Margaret was still barfing and James had joined her.  The doctor at the urgent care said there is something viral going around and there is not really anything else we could do.

Saturday Margaret and James were still sick.   Margaret still coughing and vomiting and able to hold down little.  James is coughing also but mostly could hold down food.  Saturday evening I noticed Joseph's breathing was getting noisy.  I put him to bed.  By 1:30am Bailey came to wake me up and said Joseph does not sounds right.  She brought him in and I could tell he was having a problem and we would have to go to the urgent care.  It had been all most 2 years since I last had to do this for Joseph.

I was lucky in that I filled out paperwork and gave the urgent care Joseph's information the day before.  I felt pretty sure we would be in there within a day or two.  So I was just able to go in and not have to worry about filling out paperwork last night.  We were there from about 1:45am to 4:30am.  Joseph had his steroid and a breathing treatment.  We get home at 4:30am and I find a naked Margaret running around the house whining.  I see Bailey she tells me Margaret had vomited all over the both of them.  So Margaret was stripped down.  I asked Bailey to put Joseph down to sleep while I gave Margaret a bath. I got her all cleaned up and sent her on her way.  Bailey made a pallet in the living room for the two of them.  They laid down and I finally got to make it back to my bed near 5am.  It was a LONG night last night!  Glad it is over and hope all the children are finally on the road to recovery!

I have to give Bailey a lot of credit. She has been cleaning up barf and poo all over the place. I told her thank you and that I would have to treat her to something special for all the extra hard work she is had to do lately.

4 comments:

  1. Yikes on Jo. I'm glad she woke you up to tell you he was having a hard time breathing. Hoping everyone will be on the mend soon.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am glad Bailey could hear Joseph coughing. It is easier for her to hear them because they share a wall. Since she heard him coughing she went to check on him. Glad to catch him sooner so I could get him help versus later and everything be more serious.

      Delete
  2. Poor babies! I hope they are all feeling better soon and you can get some rest :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Brandi! I hope they are all feeling better soon too! This illness has been really rough on them.

      Delete