Tuesday, October 11, 2011

It Looks Like a Clothes Bomb Went Off In My House....

It is nice to have a moment to breathe. Sunday night at 10pm my time was the last time I could enter any clothes into the consignment sale. I swear my house has looked like a clothes bomb went off in my living room. Clothes were EVERYWHERE! I got 130 items entered into the sell. Today I went to turn the items in so they could be placed on the sales floor. OMG, it was a mad house there!!! I was having to struggle with two large and one really large box of clothes along with Joseph in a stroller, Margaret without her backpack leash and James. This is after we went to therapy today.

So lets go in order. We went to therapy. We got to therapy where at 10ish Margaret and Joseph went back to get OT for Margaret and PT for Joseph. This left me James in the waiting room for an hour. Luckily he played on my phone and entertained himself with it even though my "nice" phone broke. That is a story I will get to in a minute. Then at 11am I got Margaret and James went back for ST and Joseph got OT. So Margaret and I went shopping at Trader Joe's since there is all most no food in the house. We shopped and got back to the therapy center where the therapist brought out James and Joseph.

We left the therapy center and came home. I fixed the children lunch and then put Margaret and Joseph down for bed. After therapy they always need a nap. So they were in their room from 1:30pm to 3:00pm while I worked on my school work I could not complete Sunday because the school's computers were down. James watched Toy Story. He has really come to like Toy Story 1 and 3 a LOT! He will watch the movies 2 or 3 times in a row. Anyways I got my work done. Got the children up and fed them again. Got them ready and we left the house. It took us about 30 minutes to get to the consignment sale location. There were a TON of cars and I could not find a space to park my car. You have to keep in mind I drive a Ford E-350 15 passenger van. It is huge! So I have to park FAR away from the door but I did swing the van back around and dropped off my three large boxes of clothes near the front door. After getting the children out and Joseph loaded into the stroller we went to the front door. I lucked out and got a clothing rack. I loaded the clothes into the clothing rack so I could leave the boxes behind. While I was doing that a TON of people walked by and cars were going slowly by. I was SO nervous Margaret would walk out in from of a car. James was entertaining himself by pushing Joseph around. Overall he was doing a good job but I was worried he would tip him over. I managed to get all the clothes loaded onto the rack and get the clothes and the children inside. After getting in I soon "lost" James. I knew he was in the store somewhere but I was not sure where.

Margaret was being good because she was staying fairly close. The women went through all my clothes. It took her about 15 minutes. She pulled out about 8 outfits. In the end she rejected four. Then I had to go and find James. I see him rounding the far corner where the toy are displayed and he is riding a pink bike...lol. I told him to get off and to put it back. He started to cry. Then I grabbed his hand, Margaret's hand and was trying to steer Joseph's stroller to go back out to the car. James is bawling all the way saying he wants a bike. Margaret is crying too and Joseph is crying because the other two were crying. It was sad really but in a perverse way funny. All these other people staring at me. Not one person offering to help going in or coming out of the consignment sale.

I got the children loaded into the car and I got to hear James cry for 30 minutes as I drove home. I got here in time to meet a woman who wanted to by the white toddler bed I had advertise on Craig's List for $20. At this point money is money because we have very little of it especially if I am going to the consignment sale to buy clothes and toys for the children.

So tomorrow is therapy day again and the consignment sale will begin at 2pm. I will be there with the children. I tried to find someone to watch them for me but that did not happen. :( Hopefully James will be able to find his bike tomorrow. I hope so!

One last thing I want to throw in about Margaret because it was rather funny. Sunday night Margaret was screaming upstairs in her room about an hour and a half after bed time. The sound of the scream I had a good idea that she had vomited. I get upstairs to check on her and I was right. She was paralyzed from her own vomit. It was ALL over her and her bed. John comes in to help. Margaret as you know is Autistic and she scrips a lot. Right now she is no a Wonder Pets kick and she likes to script them. So when John went and brought her out to the changing table Margaret started to whine and then sing, "stuck on the barf, stuck on the barf, this is serious, we've got to help her, Wonder Pets, Wonder Pets, we're on our way to help the baby Margaret and save the day," John and I cracked up....LOL. So John takes Margaret to the bathroom and gives her a bath while I change the bedding. I get done as he is finishing her bath. So he starts to dry her off and she sings, "Our work here is done. Time for celery." then as John finishes putting on her clothes and she walks into her bedroom she says, "to the flyboat, to the flyboat, Wonder Pets, Wonder Pets, were on our way, to help a friend and save the day, we're not too big, we're not too tough, but when we work togethr we've got the right stuff, go Wonder Pets, YEA!!!" LOL She is one funny, quirky little girl!

No comments:

Post a Comment