Tuesday, March 5, 2013

I Had A Moment Yesterday...


This post was written on February 14th. Got to catch up on my blog. Swear I need more hours in the day and get over this BLEEPING cough!...

For a hot moment yesterday I was Queen of the world... Well at least I felt like that.  LOL. I was telecommuting to work yesterday . The kids had been SO sick and so had I .  That morning I slept in for a bit since I did not get to sleep until 1:30am  because I was at the hospital with Margaret.  I woke up and knew there was a vitality important project that was going in art work and was EXTREMELY time sensitive. I went down to Starbucks so I could work. Just add things for my project really start to heat up I have to leave and pickup up the children so I could take them to their pediatrician's appointment. So I leave and very the children to the pediatrician. Bailey comes with me. This is the first time to this pediatrician. I have NO ideas what to expect!  I am in my phone checking my work emails and trying to fill out new patient paperwork . Bailey is trying to keep the sick children under control. We get everything done and submitted. Shortly after submitting the paperwork we were called back. The kids were weight. James was about 42 pounds, Margaret was 31 pounds, and Joseph was 26 pounds. I was disappointed to hear their weights.  In the last four days Margaret had lost at least four pounds with all the vomiting. Joseph had lost two pounds since his greatest weight. The new pediatrician came in loud and boisterous.  I tell him I am new to the area and I was looking for a good pediatrician that was close to the house. I needed someone who could coordinate care for Joseph and get referrals/other paperwork completed as needed. He said he world be able to do that.  I told him what brought us into the office that day... Nasty cold/flu symptoms. I said we had Margaret in the hospital the day before getting fluids.  I told the pediatrician what I had observed at the hospital.  That as Margaret was getting additional fluids she was starting to sniffle again, once that started the coughing began and shortly after more vomiting.  The pediatrician asked if I was going to take her to a GI doctor and I said that was on my to-do list.  I said I had an appointment coming up with an ENT doctor for Joseph and Margaret.  We had a really nice visit with the doctor.  He was able to write us a prescription for cough syrup for the children.  I am SO happy for Margaret.  Can't wait to get her to the ENT.

After we left the office I was back on my phone checking my work email.  I was able to check the work I needed to and give approval.  I was on it and I called the consultant I was working with and told her what I needed done since I was no longer at a computer.  In the end everything got done for work while I was out. Through the use of my phone I got all my work done and looked like a champion.  Actually got kudos from my boss on the great work.  At the same time I was able to take care of my children too.  It was a good day and I was queen of the world until that night when I started to feel sick too...





No comments:

Post a Comment